Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fixer-upper

(I could never replicate that 'little kid' smile--but I always try and think it'll be different)

Today I really fell in love with this dress. I must say, it's been a long journey. I bought it in Kensington (fill a bag for $30) and it was a bout mid-calf length when I bought it. Not wanting to alter the dress, I left it long for over a year until I realized that the length always makes me change my mind when I'd go to put it on in the morning. So I cut it to just above the knee, fixed some little rips in the seems so I don't have to worry about covering bits of it, and I think it looks way better. Also, the dress is super sheer, so I found the perfect slip and cut it to length to wear underneath--just so there are still somethings left to the imagination! I got a lot of compliments on the dress today, which was sweet because it was the first time I was really loving the way that it looked on, and I've always felt that things like that are noticed by others.

How much I enjoyed the dress is also evident in how many pictures I took! Hope you enjoy (especially the ones where I'm multitasking with tea in hand!):





No comments:

Post a Comment