Thursday, June 17, 2010

Preface

Hi everyone!

So I've decided to put this little blog together for some of you fine people at home. It's mainly the result of my trying to appease R. Butler, who told me I should start a blog when I go away, because she would miss seeing my outfits more than she would miss seeing me (paraphrased). As most of you know, I'm at St. John's College in Annapolis, Maryland doing a Masters of Liberal Arts degree until August of 2011. I wont lie, I may drop the ball on this blog often, but I'll try to at least upload photos on days when I don't feel like I have anything to say, haha. I'm not sure what this will turn into, but I hope it provides some silly, fun entertainment, in the very least.

So in anticipation of starting this, I've been taking pictures of myself most days since getting here. Its been almost 3 weeks now since I left Toronto, and I think I've kept pretty good documentation of my outfits during these weeks (even though it has felt funny and super self-indulgent!). I must apologize for the bad pictures. I don't have a camera here, so all of the shots have been taken with photobooth. Now everyone pause and take a minute to imagine me clicking the little button on the screen and running 8 feet away in less than 3 seconds and trying to look NOT ridiculous! In any case, I hope you enjoy looking at them, and even if you're not into clothes, I hope you see familiar expressions, silly faces, or other fun quirks that make you think fondly of our friendship :)

Be patient with me as I learn about this new weird world of 'blogging,' hopefully I'll get better and fancier as the weeks go by!

Lastly, please leave comments for me from your lovely selves! Even if they have nothing at all to do with the pictures I post or the things that I write, I'd still love to hear from you. The idea of this blog becoming another place where I can see signs of you all is one of the main reasons I decided to start it!

No comments:

Post a Comment