Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First Day of Classes


This was my outfit for the first day of school (I felt like my own mother, taking my photos to remember my "first day outfit" haha). The first day proposed a bit of a challenge, just in terms of having to attend many diverse functions with no time inbetween time to change, which is probably why I went for the LBD. I had to work at the Library in the morning, then head straight to registration, then have my student id photo taken, then head to the official (formal) welcome reception for the graduate institute students, then go to classes from 2:30pm-9:30pm. THEN after that I went to this thing called "After Seminar Gathering" which I found out is kind of a big deal. It is basically this pretty informal gathering of the graduate students in a pretty formal room on campus. This happens twice a week after late night seminar and the students show up to mingle and enjoy wine/beer/food all curtisy of the college (oh so THAT'S why I'm paying so much tuition!). All in all the nights are a fun time for students to hang out with professors (called "tutors" at St. John's) and eat/drink in a fancy setting. Very enjoyable. Back to my original point, I needed a fairly versatile outfit for the day's events, and this is what I chose. Old faithful, can't go wrong with the infamous little black dress.

The dress is from Uniqlo, and the shoes are from Urban Outfitters.



a sneezing shot--too good to leave out

No comments:

Post a Comment