Saturday, June 19, 2010

Moving Day

Today I moved into my new dorm. Up until now I have been in an intern housing building with students who are working on campus, or in Annapolis, over the summer. But I'm sure I'll still see them around all the time (just made yoga plans with one girl who I bumped into "downtown").

Any sadness that came from leaving has totally been offset by how awesome my new room is. Here are a few photos:

my wicked closet

definitely not all of them

desk!

front door

(did you notice the man in my bed...)

...Michel Foucault finger puppet, haha.

Moving this morning was quite a process, but now it's all said and done and I'm pretty much set up already (grungy moving outfit to the left). Now for a little secret: despite what the financial aid office tells you, St. John's is a pretty wealthy college. The building I'm in was built in 2006 and it's awesome (did you see the closet!?).


The bathroom is across the hall, but it's all mine, and the common room on my floor is floor to ceiling windows and overlooks the 'college creek' where the boathouse is. There is free laundry in the basement, and another common room with a crazy big flat screen TV. Ridiculous. To those of you coming to visit--you're welcome, haha. Here are a few pictures of my grungy moving outfit:

Oh, funny story that I'm pretty sure most of you will appreciate. Today when I ran into a friend from the old building she was all "you're going to have to get a phone!!" haha. Giving in on that one may take longer than the blog :)


This next outfit was worn later on in the day on a little walk downtown with a lovely woman that I met just across the hall from me. I'm wearing a white tank top from Gap, which I love because of the sweet embroidered racer back. I generally don't really like racer backs, but this one is special enough to have won me over.




The skirt is a Bronwyn giveaway, the clutch is from a vintage store in Niagara, the leaf earrings are from Value Village-Charlottetown, and apparently I wear that L.L. Bean belt a lot.


1 comment:

  1. though it is nice to know what is going on in your life, this blog is making me miss you more.

    Glad to see as predicted you are making lots of friends.

    note: love the picture of you, Jazz, and Colette on your desk.

    ReplyDelete