Friday, July 9, 2010

catch up round 2

I


This is the next round of outfits that I had documented without posting last week. This outfit is comprised of a grey sheer t-shirt (urban outfitters), black skirt (H & M), black shoes (old navy), and a sweet grey belt that I found in PEI (value village). I wore it to class and it was super comfy.

I'll take a break from talking about outfits to talk about class, because I pretty much love it here! I'm reading tons and tons (I figured out that I had read over 900 pages after the first 2 weeks of class, no big deal...!!...), but this place is so idyllic in the summer and it's lovely to just be outside reading. My classes are basically like slightly more formal reading groups, where people address each other by last name (mr. or ms. so and so), and a good portion of the people dress up for seminar days to "raise the level of importance" attached to the class. I quite like this practice. I am learning with such brilliant people and I can already tell that I'm going to benefit from the program. It's always good to have one's choices affirmed, so I'm feeling pretty sweet right now!

Now, back to outfits:

This was one of my seminar outfits. It was recently acquired from Bronwyn after about two years of my wanting it (no joke). I know that it was an Urban Outfitter's score for her. There is a student in my program here that I'd say is in her mid-fifties and she is a complete timeless beauty. She's so elegant and always looks amazing. I have tutorial with her everyday, and I always love seeing what she's going to wear. Anyhow, when I wore this dress she complimented me on the dress when I walked into class (the thought of her complimenting me again is what motivates my outfit choices every morning, haha).

3 comments:

  1. the class set up sounds amazing. Though I would be annoyed with the mr. mrs. Part. Can't I just be R Butler or something?

    Dressing up to make things special is AMAZING!

    I love when there is someone worth impressing in a class or at work. It really helps one get creative in the morning and put pride into their appearance.
    I love that dress too. Good Job Bronwyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel!!

    The ms./mr. part is half the fun! Only awkward when I don't know someone's first name when I see them in real life outside of the classroom, haha.

    I love dressing to impress this woman too, she's awesome. I found out this week that she used to work as a film critic, so she's been all over the world at film festivals, including Toronto for a number of years (which she openly told me was her favourite every time).

    ReplyDelete